Monday, March 17, 2008

I've arrived?

Saint's collection of sins and knowledge starts here, on this, the most Irish of all days.

I'm not sure what every blog will contain, but I hope to develop some semblance of a theme. Perhaps it will be entirely fiction, perhaps not. I haven't decided.

A brief history of I, the Saint, the last of the Grahams:

At the beginning of time, I served as Destruction of the Endless, one of seven siblings who are higher than all gods. I have now since renounced the title, and if you're interested in the whole story, ask Neil Gaiman.

I was born into this mortal form on September 10, 1985. My mother and father decided that I would be the last of their planned two children, leaving me and my older sister to bear the cross our parents have placed on our shoulders: we must be successful or God will never notice us.

I am the last of my family's name, passed down from Irish immigrants through our Catholic blood. I am the only remaining Graham capable of passing on the name.

When I was 15 I came out of the closet as a homosexual. No one has taken me seriously since.

After some time fighting the forces of evil as a superhero (upon discovering I was a mutant), I graduated from Leo High School in 2004. It was a horrible expierence. My parents divorced when I was 18, leaving me more confused over the concept of love than I was to begin with.

After employment at a nursing home, a craft store, a furniture factory, and finally, a bar/restaraunt and a comic book store, I, the Saint, have decided to continue my aspirations of college, and ultimately a writing career, preferably in the comic book industry. No word on whether I will most likely sabotage my own dreams, but stay tuned.

The only two towns known for containing the richness of me have been Fort Wayne, Indiana and Greenville, South Carolina. Both reject me, but I refuse to let them be.

There is no romantic situations in my current life, and none have really been relevant for the past year and half of my single lifestyle. This will probably be a hot topic for these blogs.

My friends are my family. The Saint's alumn includes the crafty Aaron, the mischevious Chris, the adorable Josh, the stoic Todd, the lovely Robin, the magnetic Jessica, and the motherly Brooke. Although sometimes they can be an emotional burden (mostly through ridicule), I trust these people with my good name.

I, the Saint, the last of the Grahams, the mutant, the Endless Destruction, the alternative rock junkie, the constant eater, the comic book collector, the writer, the wannabe singer, the theatre geek, the mick, the red-headed step-child, the agnostic, the fag, the friend, the brother, the son, and the soul: I am so much and then more.

These blogs should turn out quite interesting.

-Brock-

5 comments:

Aaron McClaskey said...

welcome to the fold, your participation has been long-since anticipated.

by the way - "crafty"?

step softly,
aaron

Eric Spatt said...

You are whorefooted and I resent you for it. Also, welcome.

Keighdee said...

brock, i would be hurt that i am not included in your list except that we have met maybe 3 times. however, i believe there was a connection. who else would watch buffy at my side completely wasted (besides, of course, "crafty" aaron)? anyway, welcome to the blogs!

HitchcockianTwist said...

Welcome, and I'm proud to carry the banner of the Mischievous one. Makes me sound like I plunder and pillage, raping and looting as I please....which I do.

EB said...

This is a good opening post. I'm pretty impressed. Added you to my link list, if that's okay.

-Elliott