Monday, May 19, 2008

The Saints - Night Meeting #1

Everyone had thought that Thomas was asleep when they met in the main room of the decrepit two-story building that they referred mockingly as "the shit-hole headquarters of failures." Derek had thought of it. The walls were dangling with falling strips of wallpaper and the floors had some kind of major water damage down to it years ago.

"We need a knew safe house," Thrill complained.

"Don't call it a safe house. Makes us sound like criminals," Derek said. Thrill laughed at his remark, muttered something about "pathetic" and then was quiet.

Saint gave them both a stern look. "Don't worry about the safehou-"(Derek glared at him)"...I mean, headquarters, right now. We have to find a full-time caretaker Guardian for Thomas. The three of us may need to fight in order to keep him safe, but we need someone to stick by him at all times, guaranteeing his safety. Do any of you know where we could find one?"

Derek and Thrill gave Saint blank looks. "Great," he said.

"I know where one is," said a young voice behind them. In the shadows of the main room, Thomas stood rather stoically. "She took care of me when I was young. Aunt Hestia said she would forever take care of me. Then she moved away and went to college. I haven't seen her sense."

"Your aunt Hestia said that?" asked Saint.

"Yeah. She said her power would be perfect for the Caretaker. She described all of my Guardians to me. And I know Purity is my Caretaker. It just fits."

The three Guardians looked at their dependent, stunned. "Well, I guess it's settled then," Saint finally said. "We go find Purity and appoint her Caretaker of Thomas."

"Who the fuck is Aunt Hestia?" Thrill asked.

"Language, Thrill!" Derek said, nudging his head in Thomas's direction.

"Whatever. Who is she?"

"She was Thomas's aunt, and she was a prophet. She could see things before they happened. And very well, I might add," Saint explained.

"So you've met her?" Derek asked.

"Yes, when I first met Thomas 10 years ago. She explained that I would be his main Guardian, and that Thomas was the most important person in the world and he must be kept alive. Her predictions never failed. So I'm going to trust this one," Saint finished and started heading toward his bedroom. "Let's all get sleep and find Purity in the morning."

"Why don't we just go to this Aunt Hestia and make her tell us who the other Guardians are?" Thrill suggested.

"Maybe," Saint answered. "We'll see." With that, he vanished in to his dark room, closing the door behind him.

"Good meeting, everyone. Have a good night!" Thomas said with a bright smile, then skipped into his room.

Thrill and Derek stood and looked at each other for a moment.

"This is getting more and more fucked up every day," Thrill replied.

"No shit," Derek said.

Then the two left for their rooms, and the old building was silent.

-Brock-

No comments: